World Showcase Stocking Stuffer: Glühwein Chocolate Bar in Epcot’s Germany Pavilion

Disney4me

As I was taking in the sights, sounds, and tastes of the Epcot Festival of the Holidays, I took a little detour into Epcot’s Germany Pavilion.

Weinkeller in the Germany Pavilion

Weinkeller in the Germany Pavilion

I was passing through the Weinkeller when something caught my eye: a small grouping of Glühwein Chocolate Bars by Schwermer.

Table of Chocolates in the Weinkeller

Table of Chocolates in the Weinkeller

Gluhwein Chocolate Bars

Gluhwein Chocolate Bars

The Weinkeller is one of the spots on the World Showcase Wine Walk, and has a well-earned reputation for some decent cheese and wine pairing options. You can also purchase wines by the bottle including Glühwein, a spiced mulled wine often served as a toasty warm beverage especially around the holidays.

Gluhwein Display

Gluhwein Display

And if you’ve never tried it, you can do so at the Bavaria Holiday Kitchen during the Festival of the Holidays.

Bavaria Holiday Kitchen

Bavaria Holiday Kitchen

But I had never seen the chocolates before (the pile was only five boxes, so I’m not sure how often this item is stocked). At $3.99, my immediate thought was that this would make an awesome stocking stuffer for fans of the drink. But, seeing as I am one such fan, I went the more selfish route and bought it for myself. Oh, and to show you, of course ;) ! The box contains a connected row of six chocolate squares.

Gluhwein Chocolate Bar

Gluhwein Chocolate Bar

Each is a milk chocolate square with a mulled wine truffle filling.

Gluhwein Chocolate Bar

Gluhwein Chocolate Bar

I love the extra creamy, smooth texture of German chocolate. And though at first I wondered if dark chocolate might be a better fit to go with the mulled wine filling, I ended up really enjoying the milk chocolate with mulled wine flavors. The taste of spiced wine in the filling is subtle but present, coming through more the longer the chocolate sits on the tongue, and also evident in the aftertaste.

Just a little something to keep your eyes out for the next time you find yourself stopping by the Weinkeller!

Are you a fellow Glühwein fan? Please let us know with a comment!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com! Also, come on over and:

View the full article