Review: Pumpkin Spice Beignets at Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory

Disney4me

Oh. You thought we were done trying ALL the Pumpkin Spice around Disney World?

Nope, not yet!

We’ve tracked down everything from Pumpkin Spice Shakes (made with ice cream or gelato) to the annual return of Pumpkin Fudge around the parks. But I may have found my very favorite Pumpkin Spice snack yet at Sassagoula Floatworks & Food Factory in Port Orleans — French Quarter Resort, where they’re serving up PUMPKIN SPICE BEIGNETS.

WOOT!!!

Now, you won’t find Pumpkin Spice Beignets listed as an option on the menu alongside the regular French Quarter Beignets.

French Quarter Beignets

French Quarter Beignets

And the traditional (non-Spiced) Beignets are still available as well.

Bakery Counter Menu

Bakery Counter Menu

Instead, there is a small sign posted atop the food court’s popular Bakery counter. It’s super easy to miss, which is why we had to let you know about it here!

Halloween Specials sign

Halloween Specials sign

Now, it’s all in the Pumpkin SPICE name with these. The beignets themselves are the regular variety — no pumpkin puree added to the dough or anything.

Pumpkin Spice Beignets

Pumpkin Spice Beignets

It’s basically just an additional dusting of the associated pumpkin spices on top of the standard powdered sugar. Simple enough, but the fragrance upon opening the warm box of beignets is heavenly.

Pumpkin Spice Beignets

Pumpkin Spice Beignets

Now, typically — to me, anyway — pumpkin spice is pumpkin spice: the usual blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and clove. But both my friend and I actually picked up on a LOT of clove, delivering its more pungent fragrance and flavor to the mix.

Pumpkin Spice Beignets

Pumpkin Spice Beignets

We didn’t want to let any of the delicious leftover pumpkin spice sugar go to waste once we’d polished off the Beignets, so what else was there to do but to sprinkle it on (what was left of) our other dessert to make…

Pumpkin Spice King Cake

“Pumpkin Spice” King Cake

Pumpkin Spice Mardi Gras King Cake!

Spiced Sugar on King Cake

Spiced Sugar on King Cake

It was that, or straight up eat the pumpkin spice sugar with a spoon… which we may or may not have done as well ;) .

So, get your Pumpkin Spice Beignets while the gettin’s good (through Halloween!). See you in the line!

Would you like to try Pumpkin Spice on your Beignets? Please let us know with a comment!

Disney Food Blog Fans, be sure to check out our DFB Disney World Dining Guide e-Books! Find great deals at DFBStore.com! Also, come on over and:

View the full article